A young gendarme opened fire on Friday, July 14, 2017 on his comrades in service at the Gendarmerie Company of Kousseri, in the Region of Far North.
Four dead and one wounded. It is the provisional toll of what is presented there as the consequences of a crime of passion.
The victims are:
- Captain Ondoua, company commander (photo) deceased, former pennant holder of General Laurent Claude Angouand
- Gendarme Ndengue Carole, deceased
- Gendarme May Bébé, deceased
- Gendarme Moulioum, Injured
- A civilian lady working in the kitchen who was called in the as Company Madame Ibrahim, deceased
The alleged murderer still alive and is called Jude Woumessi.