International Breaking News

UK: IS Claims Responsibility for Manchester Concert Blast

man
Written by Gisele Alba

Islamic State has announced that it carried out the attack during the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, UK. However, some experts discounted this, noting there was no evidence of direct involvement and that details of the IS claim – in two contradictory postings – contrasted with the British police account.

Police announced a 23-year-old man had been arrested in connection with the attack, carried out late on Monday evening as people began leaving a concert given by Ariana Grande, a U.S. singer who attracts a large number of young and teenage fans.

In a statement made outside her Downing Street offices after a meeting with security and intelligence chiefs, May said police believed they knew the identity of the bomber.

All acts of terrorism are cowardly,” she said. “But this attack stands out for its appalling sickening cowardice, deliberately targeting innocent, defenseless children and young people who should have been enjoying one of the most memorable nights of their lives.

Facebook Comments

About the author

Gisele Alba

Please wait...

Subscribe to our site and be Informed!

Want to be notified when our article is published? Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know.