Yesterday Sunday, some information was being shared on Facebook concerning the Anglophone Crisis and the former Interim Consortium leaders Mark Bareta and Tapang Ivo. The information wasn’t a positive one because indeed, it was revealing how Mark and Ivo were using the struggle to make huge sums of money.
The information was given by The Horizon & The Voice Newspapers, then posted by kinnakasblog.com. It should be noted that people could only see the headlines of the newspapers, but kinnakasblog.com went into details on the matter as she had screenshots of an alleged Facebook conversation between Mark and Ivo.
With this, Mark decided to react on his Facebook account. read the reaction below.
Attention: The attack on Mark Bareta and Tapang Ivo.
My Family and friends have brought into my notice an information posted by Bandi Kiki’s Kinnaka blog on Facebook titled ” How Mark Bareta and Tapang Ivo Tanku turned the ‘STRUGGLE’ into a money making venture” with purported screenshots from Tapang Ivo. While, I thought it wise to wade it off as a big distraction to this struggle, I think the people of Southern Cameroons deserved that I, Mark Bareta immediately clear the air so that this negative energy should not consumed us as we move into our biggest 20th May Boycott. It should be noted that two other Cameroon newspaper reported on the same story. Let me state the facts and I think Southern Cameroonians can verify. I am only doing this so that Southern Cameroonians should not be distracted.
1. Mark Bareta did not join this struggle in October 2016. The struggle has been part and parcel of my genetic make up since I got into my teens.
2. All issues concerning Gofundme have been public. I have run one Gofundme account whose report was made public months back and closed. Gofundme ran by Tapang Ivo has been public and never in the dark and he too has repeatedly updated his audience as far I know.
3. I am proud of the work I did as a former interim Consortium leader and even more happier and proud of the role I am doing now as regards to this struggle. My actions as a former Consortium leader can be verified, tested and scored. All innuendos mentioned on Kinnaka’s blog are a well sponsored calculated move to smear Ivo and Mark so that we become weak and leave the struggle. THEY FAILED.
4. Now, in regards to the purported screenshots from Tapang Ivo Tanku shared by Kinnaka, I am seeing those conversations for the first time. Though the purported screenshots cannot tell us with whom Ivo is having the said discussion , let us assumed that those purported screenshots were the discussion between Mark and Ivo as Kinnaka Blog suggested. This means that such a screenshot could have come only from Mark Bareta or Tapang Ivo and no one else. I am not sure we are too dumb to share such if actually something like that took place. How did Kinnaka blog get hold of those screenshots if it is not made? Our Facebook accounts have not been compromised.
5. Let us also assume Tapang had such a conversation with another person. What stops the said individual to reveal him/herself in a bid to show accountability and truth? The said individual should come forth and say, I had this conversation with Ivo and show proof of dates he/she had etc. Why pass it through Kinnaka blog which is known for writing against this struggle from day one? Your conclusions on those screenshots are good as mine.
I want to seize this opportunity to reassure Southern Cameroonians that, as we move along this struggle, attacks from La Republique and even from Southern Cameroonians within the house shall come all in a bid to derail, suck out the energy away from us. No one said it is gonna be easy.These are things I, Mark Bareta will expect.
Thank all those who reach out to me to find out. Issues like that cannot break me, only death shall take away my zeal from this struggle. As far as I am alive, I shall defend homeland to restoration.
The struggle continues.
From Bui County.
the embed of the original post below