After attending the Summit of the Francophonie in Madagascar, Senegalese President Macky Sall on the way home, will make a stopover in Yaounde for an official visit.
He will be received at his plane descent at the Yaounde-Nsimalen International Airport this Monday, November 28, 2016 at 11:30 am by his Cameroonian counterpart. The statement by the Civil Cabinet of the Presidency of the Republic announcing the stay of the Senegalese president in the political capital indicates that the successor of Abdoulay Wade, after his installation at the Hilton Hotel, will have a face-to-face meeting with Paul Biya at 1PM at the Unity Palace, before an official luncheon offered by the Cameroonian presidential couple. The guest of Paul Biya will leave Yaounde in the late afternoon.
On the website of the Presidency of the Republic, we learn that Senegal maintains close relations with Cameroon, marked by mutual respect and a frank and cordial friendship. Since 1962, Cameroon and Senegal have signed a dozen agreements. These include:
- the Cultural Agreement of 4 March 1964;
- the Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation of 16 June 1972;
- the Trade Agreement of 10 January 1974;
- the Agreement on cooperation in the field of sea fishing of 19 February 1991
- the Agreement on ordinary civil air transport of 30 May 1973;
- the Protocol of Cultural Exchanges of 16 May 1980;
- the Convention on Social Security signed in Yaounde in June 1991;
- the Cooperation Agreement in the field of communication signed on 24 July 1990 between CRTV and ORTS;
- the Agreement on Tourism signed on 24 June 2010 in Dakar;
In the spirit of intensification of bilateral cooperation between the two countries, the Follow-up Committee of the 4th session of the Cameroon/Senegal Joint Cooperation Committee was held in Yaounde from 16 to 17 November 2015.
Closed in 1994, the Embassy of Senegal in Cameroon resumed its activities in July 2007 …