International Celebrity News

USA – Prince: Singer died from opioid overdose, autopsy reveals

In his latest death certificate release it states that the 57-year-old superstar weighed 51 kilograms at the time of his death. Prince’s medical examiner revealed the pop icon died from an accidental overdose of the painkiller Fentanyl.

The drug Fentanyl is a depressant and is associated to a group of drugs called opioids. It’s similar to morphine and is administered by injection to help ease pain after surgery or to manage chronic pain. Prince, who had surgery several years ago on his hip caused by years of jumping off speakers while performing on stage in high heels was known for taking pain relief pills.

But what exactly is Fentanyl ? The drug tends to slows down communication between brain and body. It is still unclear if the drug had been prescribed to Prince, but has been said to be sold illegally and misused by addicts. The case is still opened and being investigated on how he obtained the drug.
Prince, who was found in a Paisley Park elevator at 9:40am last April, died from an accidental overdose. He was apparently hooked on the medication and it was later said that he died on the eve of meeting with a local doctor, who has not yet been identified, to help with his addiction.

The paramedics who found Prince, five minutes after answering the 911 call, said the body had been dead for a little over 6 hours and that it was too late to administrate any kind of medical help.

Facebook Comments

About the author

Deckson N.

Please wait...

Subscribe to our site and be Informed!

Want to be notified when our article is published? Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know.