9. “We will not give in to fear,” she used to say. Indeed, everything seems to indicate that the strong lady has kept her head high despite all (intimidation, arrest) to put her privacy in second place. She does not regret it. Her next challenge is to oust Paul Biya in 2018.
10. Kah Walla has received several awards and honors as an entrepreneur and activist:
- In 2007, she was recognized by the World Bank in the Doing Business report: Women in Africa report as one of seven women entrepreneurs working to improve the business environment in Cameroon.
- In 2010 she was quoted by US magazines Newsweek and Daily Beast as one of the 150 women who move the world.
- In 2011 she received the Vital Voices Global Leadership Award in public life.
- In 2014 she held the DVF Award (presented by Diane Von Furstenberg).
- In 2015, she was the recipient of the Vital Voices Vanguard Award 2015