For the past two months, anglophone lawyers have been on strike for various reasons.
Their absence greatly disrupts the functioning of the courts in the Southwest and Northwest Regions. Their strike is also one of the causes of the murderous riots in this part of the country. In order to get out of the crisis, the Prime Minister, Head of Government, Philemon Yang, set up on December 22, 2016, an ad hoc committee chaired by Jean-Pierre Fogue, Minister Delegate to the Minister of Justice.
For the first working session of the ad hoc committee scheduled for Tuesday, December 27 in Yaounde, President Jean-Pierre Fogue specially convened Nkongho Félix Agbor Balla and Eyambe Elias Abai. These two lawyers are not members of the Ad Hoc Committee. But, they are part of the leaders of the strike, precisely in the Fako and Meme divisions, Southwest.
Within a time limit that has not been made public, the Ad Hoc Committee must consider and propose solutions to the concerns relating to the functioning of justice raised by English-speaking lawyers.
Reminder of the composition of the Ad Hoc Committee
President: Jean-Pierre Fogue, Minister Delegate to the Minister of Justice
- Gwanmesia George, Secretary General of the Ministry of Justice
- Me Ngnié Kamga, president of the National Bar Association
- Nico Halle, President of the General Assembly of the Bar Association
- Me Assouombo Lucie, Counselor of the Supreme Court
- Me Etah Besong, former president of the National Bar Association
- Mr. Harmony Bobga, Counsel
- Me Mbah Eric, lawyer
- Mr. Manda Rosaline, Counsel
- Mr. Ntoko Ebah Justice, lawyer
- Mr. Ngalle Miano, Counsel
- Mr. Kisito Dimkouba, avocet
- Mr. Ndoki Dikoume Josué, Counsel
- Me Ntoumbe Soksè marries Ngouah Njoh, lawyer
- Ms. Amah Zih Anthony Amah, Counsel
- Mr. Fokoué Fongang Joseph, President of the Court of Appeal of Maroua
The composition of the Technical Secretariat is as follows:
Coordinator: The Attorney General at the Court of Appeal of the South-West
- Tanyi Tiku Mbaye, Attaché in the Prime Minister’s Office
- The Deputy Director of Legal Prosecution in the Directorate of the Judicial Professions in the Ministry of Justice
- The head of the division of the magistracy and the grafts of Enam