News

Cameroon – Far North: A principal dies after being electrocuted!

proviseur_ndjidda_15062016_otric_1213_ns_300
Written by Deckson N.

Sanda Ndjidda Kani died on Tuesday in a hospital in the economic capital.

The heavy rain that hit the city of Kaele (Far North) last weekend left many sad memories in its path. Apart from the recorded huge material damage, it also counts a man’s death on this bleak picture.

The principal of the Lycée de Mindjil in the Mayo Kani division, died on June 14 following an electric shock from the fall of several poles that have left electrical cables wandering in several households in the city of Kaele.

According to sources close to the principal, the latter was electrocuted in the Mourgroun neighborhood near the SODECOTON plant in Kaele. “Using a stick, he tried to free the wires that were in the courtyard of his dad during a blackout,” recalls one of his family members. “The current suddenly came back while the principal was still in the electric field and received an electric shock,” he continues.

Informed, the technicians of Eneo, the company responsible for the supply of electric power, took the responsibility to evacuate the principal in Garoua (North) and then in Douala in the Littoral, for proper care. Despite numerous efforts, provided by each other, the electric shock led Sanda Ndjidda to death in a hospital in Douala.,

The Eneo company continues to raise awareness about the dangers that lurk on these electrical cables which often linger after rains. Even fell to the ground, they represent a permanent danger.

About the author

Deckson N.

Leave a Comment

Please wait...

Subscribe to our site and be Informed!

Want to be notified when our article is published? Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know.